Saturday, March 14, 2009

Balloon

For I am a balloon and I'm blowing up
Through each level climbing till reaching the sky
And the white that's around me has made me so dizzy
That when I start to fall, I don't even think I can die

She looks like melting, as she comes through the window
Fleeing herself and the warm shower spray
And as she comes close, I can tell by her mirror
She's leaving her home for all those new endless days

Out in the ocean is a ship, and it's sinking
It buries the engine upon sand and waves
Until all that's left is a captain with a liferaft
For he is too tired from all the years of being brave

Deep underground in the sewers and pipelines
The walls all around keep us calm and safe
And when there's an earthquake, nothing's left fighting
Still every building's as tall as the ceiling it raised

And if as they say there's a taste so inviting
It could make up our minds and forget us all
Those babies so bruised and so bathed delighting
Will wander the earth and then they will crawl away

0 reactions: