Wednesday, January 14, 2009

News, fish, and meaningful messages

The long-promised updates will arrive shortly, I assure you. If I gave you a snapshot of the various tasks currently nagging for my attention, it might help you understand the delay.

1. It seems that with my move to Korea, I've started a migration out of Lakeland, perhaps even all of Florida. In the past couple weeks I've received a lot of e-mails asking for information on Korea, on teaching, and how to get out here (or at least out of Florida). So it's taking a while to answer these. Those of you who've received replies know how much information there is to give, and even on overload, some minds still have more questions.

Why am I so helpful?

2. I am working on new photo albums, complete with witty captions, ellipses, and prearranged, non-chronological orders (so as to achieve full impact). These will include highlights from my vacation in Singapore and Malaysia, a new entry in my Korea by Digital Proxy series -- you'll get to see my apartment -- and photos of most of my students, for you to adore and be envious of. All these will appear on my facebook.

3. I have spent too much time watching the NFL and NBA. No excuses, I'm just a fan, and a bigger one than I thought.

4. I haven't been sleeping well since my return from vacation. Perhaps it was the time zone change, or just the change in environment, but I have been waking up frequently every night. So I am tired, and not in any shape to be writing well into the night.

5. This will contradict some of what I just said, but I've also been writing lots of other things. My journal has seen pages many blank pages filled lately, and there is the matter of that series of blogs on economics I've been writing for the Campaign For Liberty website.

Nonetheless, I will write more, and with greater substance. Perhaps it was the scope of the trip, or its nature, but I've felt a relaxing of my shoulders, as whatever invisible weight I toiled under fell. I feel fresh in my perspective, and awake to the world again.

As a teaser, I offer this: my next story concerning my vacation will be about how my life was saved by a Malaysian prostitute. "Saved" may be an exaggeration. Maybe.

0 reactions: